Sunday, November 29, 2015

Quick Holiday Centers

A while ago I shared how I use placemats to make centers for my little friends {That post is HERE}. Today I am going to show you a slight variation to that...just in time for December!

Basically we are swapping placemats for plates.... and Halloween for Christmas.

The idea is to just keep you thinking how many possibilities there are to make personalized centers quickly for your class.

These centers I use for early finishers OR to reinforce a skill my class is struggling on.  These may not be a main "job" for the kids, but instead are disguised as fun, mainly because I don't require them to record anything with my placemat or plate centers.

All you need to create your own are clothespins, a Sharpie and some holiday item... in this case a Christmas tree plate from the 99 Cent Store:
As you can see above, I wrote numbers around the edge of the plate with the Sharpie. The students are to match the correct number of dots to the numeral.

When they are done I ask them to share with a friend. Then leave it ready for the next player like this:

Sometimes I will use the same plate for two centers....or rather, for two different skills.

The numbers are the same, but I swap out the clothespins. This group is working on adding one to a number.

To keep things straight I will tag the back of the clothespins like this:
Just another way I have found to use washi tape. I just stick a little piece on the back of each clip. This helps me if I only want to take one version of the game out. But sometimes I will have both versions out and I tell the kids you can do the red one or whatever the case may be....although sometimes that can be tricky.

The point is you can adapt and change to meet the individual needs of your group.

If I am shopping and see a themed placemat or plate available I will usually get it even if I don't have a plan for it at that moment... that way, it will be waiting for me when I need a quick center.... and yes, clothespins are Sharpies are always in my room too.

I hope this is an easy idea you can use!

5 comments:

  1. So super cute! I think I may need to hit up the dollar store after reading this post :)

    Paige
    Paiges of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing of information for me. If you are interested in the services we are offering, I would like to share with you some information about our services, such as: In the wedding invitation in Hanoi (In thiệp cưới tại hà nội), canvas printing workshop in Hanoi cheapest (xưởng in bạt giá rẻ nhất tại hà nội), on-demand printing wedding invitation (in thiệp cưới theo yêu cầu), accessories, kitchen cabinet (phụ kiện tủ bếp), stainless steel kitchen cabinets (tủ kho inox nhà bếp), the price upside down bowl smart (giá úp bát thông minh), door mosquito netting good sort (cửa lưới chống muỗi loại nào tốt), installation of door nets mosquito (lắp đặt cửa lưới chống muỗi), self-rolling mosquito screen door (cửa lưới chống muỗi tự cuốn), mosquito net door (cửa lưới chống muỗi), printed packaging (in bao bì), the following processing in (Gia công sau in), printed T services in Hanoi (dịch vụ in áo tại hà nội), cheap printing company in Ha internal (công ty in giá rẻ tại hà nội), glass staircase (cầu thang kính), iron staircase (cầu thang sắt), stainless steel staircase (cầu thang inox), see feng shui (xem phong thủy), negative feng shui Trach (phong thủy âm trạch), named for the feng shui (phong thủy đặt tên cho con) and repair imac in Hanoi (sửa chữa imac tại hà nội).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page really has all of the information I needed about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.
    Calgary child care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the information for me. If you are interested in the field of engraving machine you would like to share some information about it, such as marking machine ( Máy khắc ), Laser ( Máy laser ), Laser ( Máy khắc laser ), laser cutting machine ( Máy cắt laser ), Metal Engraving Machine ( Máy khắc kim loại), metal laser marking machine ( Máy khắc laser kim loại), laser on mica ( Máy khắc laser trên mica ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing of information for me. If you are interested in the field of laser engraving machine, I would like to share with you some information for your reference as follows: laser cutting engraving machine ( Máy khắc cắt laser ), laser engraving machines ( Máy khắc bằng tia laser ), laser seal engraving machine ( Máy khắc dấu laser ) , industrial laser marking machine ( Máy khắc laser công nghiệp ), laser cutting machine decal ( Máy cắt laser decal ), laser cutting machine on canvas ( Máy cắt laser trên vải ), laser 1390 ( Máy khắc laser 1390 ), laser 9060 ( Máy khắc laser 9060 ), laser 3020 ( Máy khắc laser 3020 ), laser 1325 ( Máy khắc laser 1325 ).

    ReplyDelete