Liebster Award.... Yay!!!

OK So I have not been updating my blog as I had thought I would...I'm going to figure this out soon! Somehow I need to get a better system in place because I always think about what I am going to blog, but then life gets cray-cray and my thoughts never make it onto the world wide web. I thank Sarah at Clearly Kindergarten for helping me to refocus by nominating me for the Liebster Award! 

This award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and help spread the word about new blogs! 
The rules:
*You must post 11 random things about yourself
*Answer the questions the nominator set for you
*Create 11 questions for the people you nominate
*Choose 11 blogs your love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
*No tag back (but it would be great if you can leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!)

11 Random Things about Me:

1. I'm married to the best guy ever who I met in London!
2. I live walking distance to the ocean in Southern California, yet I haven't been down to the beach since summer :(
3. I taught abroad on a Fulbright exchange for one year. I taught Year 2 (1st grade) in a small town in England.
4. My husband and I LOVE to travel! We got married in France and hope to be back in Europe very soon for a visit.
5. My younger sister is getting married this summer. I'm so excited to be her M.O.H.
6. I played the alto sax in high school- possibly inspired by Lisa Simpson and so random!
7. My husband just started grad school at USC and so we became Trojan Football fans this year.
8. I love reading my Kindle, but let's be honest....that only happens June through August.
9. I love shopping....for shoes, clothes and everything on TpT! 
10. My hubby and I have the smallest apartment ever! It's a choice we make so we can get on airplanes as much as possible, buy my oh my, it's tiny up in this place!
11. I like to burn Bath and Body Works candles 24-7! Well, maybe not literally 24-7.

Now for the 11 questions from Sarah:


1. What is your favorite theme or subject to teach?
That's a hard one, but I am going to say science! The kids get so excited when we do experiments or even just discuss any science topic!  I think my favorite theme is insects! 

2. How long have you been teaching?
This is my 14th year of teaching! (Hmm, is that a mistake because I still feel like a new teacher sometimes!)

3. What is your favorite read aloud book?
Another hard one... probably "The Kissing Hand," because I always read it on the first day of school in kindergarten and all these new, little faces are staring at me and you can tell that they totally relate to Chester the Raccoon who is nervous about his first day, too!

4. How long have you been blogging?
I started my blog this past August, but had been considering starting a blog for many months before that. 

5. Do you have any hobbies?
My favorite thing to do is to research and plan travel for my husband and I! I'm not sure that is officially a hobby.... but it is for me!

6. What is your favorite place to visit?
I love London, Paris, Stockholm, Tokyo and all the islands of Thailand. I just love, love, love seeing new places! And as much as I love these places- I usually opt for trying out a new spot!

7. What is your favorite thing about teaching?
Hanging out with kids all day - I think it keeps me young. They are so positive ..... much more fun than adults! They make all the hard work worth it. 

8. Would you still teach if you won the lottery?
Yes! I have pondered this question before and I the answer is yes!

9. What is your favorite food?
I love cupcakes! All kinds and all of the time :)

10. Do you like to read for fun?  What is your favorite book?
I love reading. My automatic answer is all of the Harry Potter books... and I think that is a super boring response, even though I do just love them. I also have really liked the Veronica Roth Divergent books (it's a 3 book series.... I'm waiting for #3 to come out still!) 

11. How many blogs to you currently follow?
Oh so many, I can not even give you an exact number!


Questions I am asking my nominees:
1.  How long have you been teaching?
2.  What is your favorite thing about being a teacher?
3. What is your favorite grade to teach?
4. What type of lesson planner do you use? (Old school paper and pencil or online?)
5. Do you have any hobbies?
6.  What is your favorite place to travel?
7.  If you were stranded on a desert island tell me 3 things you would take with you.
8. What was the last book you read and did you like it?
9. What is your favorite food?
10. Do you watch TV?  If so what is your favorite show?
11. What is your favorite app?

Blogs I am nominating:



Wow! That's a whole lotta info about me! Another shout out thank you to Sarah for the nomination! It was fun to do this and really fun to discover some new blogs: some that I nominated I already love, love....and some are new ones to add to my blog "stalking" schedule!

 



5 comments

  1. I just found your blog & am super excited to be your newest follower! I am so jealous of you being that close to the ocean (my favorite place ever!) & that you travel so much. That's amazing :) Anyway, love your blog & can't wait to read more. Stop by for a visit sometime! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very exciting Miss Crayons!
    I think Sarah made a great choice!
    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christy! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower of yours too! Thanks so much for the holiday gift tip! I will definitely consider that for next time! It sounds super cute!
    -Marie
    Beach Lovin' Teach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the award. I am so sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. Please check out my most recent blog post to get the full story as to why I didn't.

    Eden
    teachinginflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I enjoyed getting to know you better, and have answered all your questions. I have also nominated some new blog buddies!

    Thanks,
    Kay
    A Little Tech

    ReplyDelete