Leprechaun Madness Continues



I love St. Patrick's Day in kindergarten! I am sad it falls on a Sunday this year. But that isn't stopping us from getting ready in class!  Last week I shared a directed draw lesson I did on leprechauns {HERE} and now all my little friends are trying to go to the art center to get to draw another one on their own. You can see these little green guys in our poetry notebooks too!

This week we made the TLC Leprechaun. I love, love, love all the TLC stuff. The leprechaun is in her Spring book. My kids are becoming TLC experts and know exactly what to do. TLC is great for following directions, learning about shapes and working on all the fine motor skills.

Here we are in the early stages of the leprechaun:

And we're done!
The kids did a "sloppy copy" for the writing first and then the final drafts on the pots of gold. I actually just remade the pot of gold template and it is available in my TpT St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun Mini Unit.

What about the old school writing paper? I'm not a big fan of this paper, but with a little less supply money it is an easy change to make for just a rough draft... but I still don't like it. 

For an optional at home project students can make leprechaun traps! We read this book in class:


The kids talked about what a good leprechaun trap would have. I love this project and seeing what they all bring in. The rule is that they have to explain to the class how their trap works.




And don't think this is my last St. Patrick's Day post! I have a few more things to share....

1 comment

  1. This is such a cute project. I love it!! I am a California blogger also and your newest follower. You have a great looking blog. Keep up the good work.

    Katie
    A Basket Full of Apples

    ReplyDelete