Freebies on the Fifteenth: Cows in the Kitchen!

Today I am linking up with Molly at Lucky to be in First for her monthly Freebies on the 15th...
And can I tell you a little secret?

I am cheating a little bit....yep, I am.

I sharing an old post that has a freebie.  In fact, it is just about exactly one year old... and so that, my friends, explains why it is on my mind.

It is Thursday after all, so let's just call it a little Thowback Thursday fun!

Because we have currently been reading Cows in the Kitchen in class and for the second time I used this freebie with my class....

Original Post can be found {here} or just read on...and grab the freebie of course:

 Last week we read the book Cows in the Kitchen... it is just fun in a nutshell. You know one of those books that the kids love because it is just so wacky and it has rhythm to it!

The farmer falls asleep and next thing you know there are cows in the kitchen and pigs in the pantry and just overall chaos!


Afterwards we discussed what would happen if those animals came in our classroom! The kids get to complete their own page for a class book.

 My favorite part about the picture above is I think that is me with my hands on my hips. Um, do I do that? And does my hair look like that? I'm hoping the answer is no to both!


I like how they put the animals sitting in chairs!


I give each child a small cut out of the animal. When we are learning about the farm we actually spend time doing a directed draw of each animal, but even still in this case I like giving them the animal. I ask them to think about the setting.... our classroom!  Where will the animal be in the setting?

When they are done we bind them into a class book!
You can download all the materials you need to make this book with your class for free {except the copy of the Cows in the Kitchen book} Just click on the image below and it will take you to my TpT store.



And don't forget to swing by Lucky to be in First to snag some more freebies!

No comments