'Tis the Season.... For Pumpkins!

Let in commence - pumpkin season is here!

I make my own version of the book Pumpkin, Pumpkin by, Jeanne Titherington. If you do not own this book and you teach the life cycle of the pumpkin... you need to buy it now! It isn't fancy, but it has beautiful illustrations and a good sequential, but very simple, explanation.

In the story, Jamie plants a pumpkin seed and the book walks us through the stages of his seed growing until Jamie picks it. Then Jamie carves his pumpkin, but saves 6 seeds so the cycle can start once again!   After reading the actual book Pumpkin, Pumpkin we read my version of the story..... and later they will be making their own {a bit smaller than my huge sized book below.}

{Yes, I put a real pumpkin seed through the laminator...actually twice... also on page 2 which isn't shown}


There are some pages in the middle... you know, a plant, a flower..... and then....
{In this picture you can see my book and the real deal}




And there you have it... me in my purple mini dress...clearly what one should wear in a pumpkin patch. And somehow the entire pumpkin plant has gone missing. Needless to say, I am not the best artist. :/

My kiddos and I will be reading Jeanne Titherington's version {aka the real one} of Pumpkin, Pumpkin tomorrow.

Another amazing pumpkin life cycle book is The Pumpkin Patch by Elizabeth King... awesome photographs!
I will be back soon to show the sequencing that my students will be doing and some other pumpkin fun!

In the meantime I am already enjoying the treats of this season...first up, pumpkin frozen yogurt!

No comments