A Shower for the Teachers' Lounge!

Do you ever sit down in the teachers' lounge to eat lunch and you forgot a fork?

Or there's no napkins or the table is a hot mess and there is nothing to clean it with?

Then you walk ALL the way back to your classroom and waste the already short time you have to actually sit and eat....

Sidenote: some days there is no sitting or eating for me....

BUT on the days that I do indulge in a little relaxation...all 15 minutes of it... I like to have everything at my fingertips.

And if you are lucky enough to work in a district that provides all of this for you....well, lucky you... I'm guessing you don't work in California.

So our school started the idea of having a "Lounge Shower." It wasn't my idea, but another clever lady at my site.

We ALL use the lounge and so we should ALL take care of it....Plus, we were just tired of it being so sparse.......

So now about 3-4 times a year we shower the lounge with supplies to keep it stocked and ready to go.

We theme it depending on the time of year and hence you see shamrocks have taken over both refrigerators in the teachers' lounge...



If everyone grabs one or two shamrocks...or hearts... or pumpkins... whatever it may be... you will have  what you need and maybe this may mean that you can use that short time you have to actually sit in a clean spot.

I think this is just a small way to foster a sense of community among the staff, too!

And yes, it was me who also posted the picture below on Instagram....this is also featured in my lounge.... and also a fun way to foster community! Very fun!!

5 comments

  1. LOVE THIS idea! Admittedly, I am one of the biggest complainers about the lounge never being "stocked" and having to take care of it (when I already take care of my own classroom and house), but having everyone pitch in this way would sure take the load off one or two people!
    SynonymRolls&AntonymMoments

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Can you email me. katieknight@sbcglobal.net. I have a little goodie for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea. I was just discussing the Teacher's Lounge with another co-worker just yesterday. There is talk of our PTO doing some re-decorating for us. Oh Juan Pablo...the ladies tore him apart the other night didn't they??!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!! We need to do something like this too!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea. I am the PTA Staff Appreciation Chair and I plan lunches for the teachers each month, among other thing. I was looking for a creative way for the staff to take ownership over the teacher's lounge, sometimes it can be a messy and dreary place. Your idea is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete